Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 4: Flickr is quicker and other lame name games and dime rhymes


Book Worm
Originally uploaded by boopsie.daisy
Howdy.
I want to remember how to do this later, so I'll first write about signing up for Flikr. Due to the ghosts of my past (in this case the memory of Geocities), I have several Yahoo accounts. I'm trying to remember which I used for my last picture post. Alas. It only took me three tries.

Speaking of Geocities, I once had about a dozen free websites there. I'm still in mourning that all of those pixels have died. Fortunately, I have their clones safely stashed away in two digital bomb shelters where they will someday see the light of day again. May their less fortunate brothers rest in peace.

Back on track... (and now you see the real reason why I don't blog... I babble)... So we find a picture on Flickr and blog. I've done this, but in the spirit of doing it with a new attitude, here's my new thoughts:

I chose this picture because it was so violently colorful. As I looked more closely at the pic, I noticed the girl Sadie looks about three. That's the age I was when my older sisters started teaching me to read. I was reading on my own by age four. Little Golden Books were great. Of course I loved "The Monster at the End of This Book", but my favorite was "Lambert the Sheepish Lion." Or was it "The Tawny Scrawny Lion"? It was a lion book. Anyway, this picture reminded me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment