Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Starting over... kind of

Being honest, I must say I didn't want to blog. I have two issues here, and one is that I believe blogs to be a waste of my time. Hold on... before you write this off as a complaint, remember the title is "starting over." I am not a fan of blogs because they're so much like diaries and journals with two major differences. First, blogs are public, and anything I would write in a journal is intended to be personal. Second, blogs are electronic, and therefore even more ephemeral than paper. One glitch, one "delete" hit, one forgotten password and it's the equivalent of a fire. I love written words for their privacy and permanence, and therefore, have been fighting the notion of the blog.

It's time I stop fighting.

I am convincing myself this is not a journal, but serves another purpose. And because this is tied into the Learning 2.0 site, I have figured it out... for now. I will use this blog as a shortcut to the tools covered in Learning 2.0, with shortcut instructions meant just for me.

So, to do this justice, I must start over. I will be using the blog as a notepad, scribbling in the margins of my life as I learn the tools. I do this in hope that it will be useful when I need to revisit the tools. And maybe, just maybe, I'll through in a personal thought whe I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment